Wednesday, May 20, 2009

3days&nights



Last night Sarah was here and Meghan was in town from Austin with her boyfriend, we went to see Ear Pwr at DBA and then went to the Levee where I saw this woman Meredith who gave a talk about Mexico City at Silent Barn last year right before I went.  She seemed really full of anger- I tried to be all zen and hippy with her but whatever- some people just like to be angry- myself included at various points on the trajectory. Before that, Sarah and I went and got sushi at Sunrise Mart on Broome, saw Todd and Federico, got posh drinks at the Hudson Hotel (i had a mango ginger margarita!), and then went and drank beer in Central Park with Luke while eating more sushi before going to BK. Sushi and drinks in the spring are A plus.

Today we went to Washington Square Park and before that sandwiches at this place I really love that Liza and I used to go to on 13th st- Te Adore.  

Saturday night I went to see Dan Deacon at midnite with Lynas and Luke- it was Really Fun.  All caps.  Future Islands opened and everyone was drunk and slip sliding around by the end.  Got home pretty late and woke up with Shoog-ala.  

The night before that I went to a nice opening at the Boiler- Pierogi's new space on n.14th.  Two real live camaros gradually crashing into each other and a corona bottle that endlessly breaks itself in slow motion and then re-constitutes itself at rapid speed.

I have an article in my friend Zara's zine, Taffy Hips- you can  get them at Spoonbill and Sugartown on Bedford and at Desert Island on Metropolitan, get get it it...

Keep it happy keep it snappy.  

No comments: