Saturday, January 24, 2009


i am really really really really bored at work. joe says i should think of my time here as a sponsorship for my brain, but i can't help feeling like i'm on a cold airplane for six hours, 4 days a week. the walk could be done in my sleep. the clock gets watched, i pee, i eat somethings, read the new york times.

tell people about the paintings-

1. they were painted in 1985 in two days. they are not reproductions.
2. keith envisioned painting the ten commandments while dancing at paradise garage the night before he went to bordeaux for his first solo museum show. upon arriving in france, he asked for a bible and ordered 10 tablet shaped canvases that fit directly into large archways in the old wool factory where the show was being held.
3. they were made with acrylic and are kept rolled. they were re-stretched specifically for this show.
4. they are 26ft tall and 12ft wide.

above, is me diving in the air in front of the paintings. as you can see, they're quite large.

moving on. a photo of joe and me on my birthday. a nan goldin photo of arms.

(this post is not really directed that well. it's a product of boredom, not productivity, but maybe something new and exciting will arise from it).

Or maybe it'll allow me to sponsor my brain more effectively.







1 comment:

SleepWhenDead said...

This is cute Gab. Post more :P